The Norwalk Community School District is proud to announce the 2023 Norwalk Alumni/Staff Wall of Fame Inductees: Al Hart (Employee 1979 – 2010), Bobbie Bishop (Graduate 1970), and Jessica (Sand) Blonde (1998 Graduate).
Congratulations to this year’s 2023 Norwalk Wall of Fame Inductees who will be recognized at Norwalk’s 2023 Commencement Ceremony at the Norwalk Physical Education and Competition Center (NPECC) on Sunday, May 28.
The purpose of the Norwalk Wall of Fame is to recognize the accomplishments of Norwalk graduates and staff. Anyone can nominate a candidate for induction. Nomination forms and criteria can be found on the Norwalk website on the drop down under District. http://bit.ly/WallofFameNomination
Employee 1979 – 2010
- Norwalk CSD Educator for 31 years: High School Social Studies Teacher, Drivers Education Instructor, and Mock Trial Coach
- B.S. Degree from Iowa State University and Masters Degree from Drake University
- NPEA Leader (National Partnership for Educational Access) for 30 years
- Community and Church Volunteer Work: Volunteer EMT, Ankeny Lions Club, Central Iowa Shelter Volunteer through Church, Volunteer Ombudsman, AMOS (A Mid-Iowa Organizing Strategy), Political Caucus Captain
- 36 years with the American Red Cross: Assisted and responded to almost 40 disaster relief operations. Managed Disaster Public Affairs Team. Disaster operations include: Oklahoma City Bombing; Midwest Floods of 1993, Des Moines, IA; Central American Refugee Situation, Brownsville, TX; Greensburg, KS Tornado; and Korean Airline Disaster, Guam.
- West Des Moines Community Education Advisory Council Member for 7 years
- Lifelong volunteer in the Des Moines and surrounding communities including: 20+ year member of the Dam to Dam 20K Race committee; West Des Moines Police Chief’s Advisory Committee; Red Cross CPR instructor; 2-1-1 Call Center telephone counselor; member and treasurer of the Valley Junction Residential Association.
Jessica (Sand) Blonde
- Professional dancer in New York City, featured as a soloist with contemporary and classical ballet companies: Eglevsky Ballet and Lydia Johnson Dance
- Former Training: Ballet Iowa, the Des Moines Metro Opera, Kirov Academy of Ballet, the Colorado Ballet, the American Dance Festival, and the Paul Taylor School.
- Graduated Magna Com Laude with a BFA in Ballet and Modern Dance from Texas Christian University
- MA in Dance Education from New York University. Designed curriculum for New York University and New York City Ballet’s Education Program
- Choreographs and teaches ballet and dance technique in pre-professional studio settings. Instructs and designs curriculum in higher education: Arizona State University, Ballet Etudes, Glendale Community College, and Grand Canyon University